|source: sanfranannie, flickr.com|
I am single because I was born that way.
1. Freedom to deck the halls as one chooses. You can display holidays cards, a wreath, or nothing at all.
2. No doubt about who's eaten the holiday leftovers. When living on your own you know who ate the last slice of pie.
3. Instead of waiting for someone to buy you a certain gift, you can buy it for yourself.
4. More money to spend on yourself for a gift.
5. Free to flirt without residual guilt.
6. Can design your own holiday tradition. Perhaps you can go to the movies, read all day, enjoy a day spa, map out your plans for next year, or window shop.
7. Less stress about which holiday gathering to attend.
What additional singular benefits can you think of? If you enjoy spending the holidays alone, what suggestions would you give to those spending the holidays alone for the first time? Feel free to post a question or comment below. Your feedback is appreciated.