Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Single With Benefits: The Benefits of Being Single for the Holidays

source:  sanfranannie, flickr.com

I am single because I was born that way.
Mae West
Soon, I'll prop some holiday cards around my place to make it more holiday-ish.  Currently, my abode looks about the same as it did in summer with the exception of the re-appearance of my portable heater.  Over the last few days, I've been thinking about the benefits of being single/alone during the holidays.  Here, in brief are some of the benefits that have roamed through my mind:

1.  Freedom to deck the halls as one chooses.  You can display holidays cards, a wreath, or nothing at all.

2.  No doubt about who's eaten the holiday leftovers.  When living on your own you know who ate the last slice of pie.

3.  Instead of waiting for someone to buy you a certain gift, you can buy it for yourself.

4.  More money to spend on yourself for a gift.

5.  Free to flirt without residual guilt.

6.  Can design your own holiday tradition.  Perhaps you can go to the movies, read all day, enjoy a day spa, map out your plans for next year, or window shop.

7.  Less stress about which holiday gathering to attend.

What additional singular benefits can you think of?  If you enjoy spending the holidays alone, what suggestions would you give to those spending the holidays alone for the first time?  Feel free to post a question or comment below.  Your feedback is appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment